Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Deserted Spring

 

 Spring is here, but it is still winter cold in New York City. If you follow me on instagram you'd know I've been in NYC for a couple of days now. I am excited to be here; I love New York.  The weather has been crazy, it's been really cold and windy. It actually snowed on the first day of spring.

 For today's look I skipped the coat and wore a light draped jacket instead. Draped jackets are the must-have transitioning piece this year. They were seen everywhere during the winter, they're  transitioning into spring and are definitely light enough to make summer outfits more stylish.

 Though it is spring and I could've added some color to this neutral jacket, the snow and the weather had me feeling, 'neutral'! Since I decided to go with earthy tones and the look is pretty simple, I made sure I added statement pieces. The hat was perfect for keeping me warm, and the fact that hats are trending is a plus. I matched the hat with my favorite tall boots which are also a statement and wore a belt to complete the look. I carried a red bag that day to add a little fun to the outfit.
 I honestly feel like red is a neutral and I can literally wear it with anything. It's not everyone's cup of tea, I know... But, don't be afraid to wear red. It is more wearable than you think, I assure you.

Do you like red? Are you into Hats? ...Can You Style It?

                                                                             xoxo,
                                                                        Ingrid Aixa


 
 

                                                                     Outfit Details
      Draped Jacket: Forever21 (similar) / Shirt: Marshalls / Jeans: American Eagle Outfitter (similar)
                                 Hat: Forever21 (similar) / Aviators: Aldo / Belt: Michael Kors
                                                 Bag: Michael Kors / Boots: Michael Kors

2 comments: