Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 2015 Beauty Favorites

 
 
Today we are talking beauty!
I am a makeup junkie... I love makeup nearly as much as I love fashion. Since I don't have the "essentials" to start my you tube channel, I decided to blog my monthly favorites for now. Please excuse the quality of the pictures. If you've been reading my blogs you know I do not own a professional camera. I will add links to most of the products mentioned so you can see better quality pics and get more detailed info on them.
 
 
 
 
Eyes
 
So, I've always been a fan of the original Naked palette, it is my all time favorite. However, this month I've been really into my Naked2.
 I've been using Busted to smoke out my eyes when I go out or want a more dramatic look. Half Baked is my all time favorite gold color, it is just the perfect gold. As you can see I also have the single Half Baked shadow; definitely worth the splurge.
Foxy is ideal for all over the lid, Bootycall is the perfect highlight (sometimes I even use it as my all-over highlight) and I've been loving Chopper lately.
 
 
When it comes to mascara I do not splurge. I have in the past and you can  mark my word, it is not worth it! My all time favorite mascara (and clearly this month as well) has been the classic L'Oreal Voluminous in carbon black. Honestly, I am not even going to ramble on how good this stuff is, I'll just tell you guys two thing: I always get compliments on my lashes when I wear this mascara...
Go buy it!!!! 
 
{Check out all the Naked2 colors up close and see other reviews.}
 
 
 
 
Face
 
Some of the face products you see here are part of my everyday routine.
 I always use the Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control loose powder to set my concealer, and the EcoTools Kabuki Brush is my everyday go-to brush for powder.
 
The Maybelline loose powder is just something I decided to try one day because I wanted a light setting powder. This one was inexpensive and had good reviews so I went for it. To be honest, I have nothing to compare it to because it works perfectly fine on me so I haven't bother to try any other loose powders; this one does the job.
 
This EcoTools Kabuki brush is very convenient... it is retractable and it has a cap! It is perfect to carry in your purse for touch ups during the day.
 
This past month I've been trying out different primer samples. Every primer I've tried breaks me out, so I'm on the hunt for one that woks on my skin. So far the Too Faced Primed & Poreless Smoothing Primer has been my favorite. I can't say it leaves my skin looking "flawless" but I do see a difference when I use it and my foundation lasts longer. So, it has been a favorite indeed.
 
As you guys know, last month I went to New York. After that trip I have been going through a tough phase and I've been a little stressed. I mean, traveling alone makes me break out, imagine what stress does to my face. Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer is my best friend and savior when I'm having a break out.
 Note: I've never tried this concealer under my eyes but on blemishes this bad boy is king! It is pricey but I promise you it is worth every penny and you only need a little bit. I swear by it.
 
Melba by MAC has been my favorite blush this month. Do we really have to discuss this?
It's simple...
 It is MAC, it is the perfect peachy-pink matte blush, it goes with every skin tone.... It's my holy grail.
 
 
 
 
 
Lips
 
For lips, I've been really into neutrals and working on the infamous "your lips, but better" color. I've been trying so many but I've worn this Maybelline one the most. The color is right, I can't quite say it is my all time favorite but I like it.
I just can't get over the fact that a matte lipstick can feel so light and creamy on the lips. I am in love! Daringly Nude, is my favorite lipstick this month and my favorite color from the Maybelline matte collection.
 When I was really into the Kylie Jenner lips last season  I seriously bought over 10 lip liners trying to achieve the right color. To say the truth, I love them all specially the NYX ones. This one in the color Natural happens to be the one I like most with my the Daringly Nude color so I've been using it quite a bit lately. I love nude lips!
 
 
 
 
 
What are your all time favorite beauty products? Which products have you been loving this month? Have you guys tried any of the ones I mentioned?
 
xoxo,
Ingrid Aixa
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Poducts Mentioned
 
MAC Blush in Melba
NYX Retractable Lip Liner in Natural

No comments:

Post a Comment